Sports Medicine is a broad field which spans all medical specialties that may affect the athlete. Although most recognized for its focus on orthopedics, musculoskeletal medicine and biomechanics, other areas of interest include neurology, cardiology, hematology, pulmonology, endocrinology, nutrition and dietary supplements, performance enhancing drugs, student-athlete health and injury prevention. While Sports Medicine Sciences is focused on the impact of science and technology on the health and performance of the athlete, many of the projects we are involved with will also have additional applications in other spaces which may include the workplace, transportation and the military.
Sports Medicine Sciences provides services for consulting, developing research projects and obtaining IRB approval, support for grant applications, applying for patents and ultimately networking and venture capital to bring innovations to the marketplace.
Current and past projects have included:
- Knee bracing (Patents)
- Regenerative Medicine technologies (Clinical studies and IRB)
- Musculoskeletal Ultrasound clinical applications (Clinical studies and IRB)
- MRI contrast agents (Grant support)
- Concussion diagnostics (Clinical studies, consulting, advisory board, venture capital)
- Post-Concussion Syndrome cognitive therapies (Grant support, consulting, advisory board)
- Headgear protection and impact data collection (Consulting)
- Sports Supplements (IRB)
- Non-profit Sports Medicine Advisory Boards